Monday, November 26, 2012

Letter to Satan



Enough is enough. You do not control me anymore. I am not under your ownership anymore. There was a time when you controlled me. I used to do everything you wanted me to do. I did not know any better, though! I did not know that I had another option. Then, one day, I saw the light. I am free; I have a choice! Yet, for some reason I still do what you want. I see the two options in front of me, and instead of taking the clean path, I take the path leading to pain and hurt. I do not want to anymore. Today is the day I say no. Today is the day I make the covenant with myself, my family, my friends, and my God that I will serve NO ONE except for the true God and savior of my soul. You no longer control me and I will not allow you to even influence me. I have been bought with the precious blood of Christ Jesus. Why waste that blood on you?

 1. My mind is Christ’s. I will think on right things. (Philippians 4:8-9)

2. As a Christian, I need to show my faith to those I encounter, friend or acquaintance. (Matt. 5:14-16)

 3. Love will be the driving force of my actions. (1 Corinthians 13)

 4. I will understand I can do nothing without Christ, and will humbly come before Him. (1 Thess. 5:17)

 5. I will not gripe or complain, especially to my friends, but rather I will be thankful for the situations God brings me into and allow Him to work through them. (1 Thess. 5:18)

6. I will not be passive in my search for Christ, but will daily throw myself into the search for His truth. (Proverbs 2:1-6) 

 This is my letter to Satan. These are a few things that I want to be held accountable to. I would encourage anyone who reads this to make your own. Your life is too precious to take lightly. 

 ZM

1 comment:

  1. I love how you made it practical by including actions you will take.

    ReplyDelete